PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Daniel Lee, PhD
Daniel Lee, PhD
Behavioral Science Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Boston University School of Medicine, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- National Center for PTSD, VA Boston Healthcare System and Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, T32 Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2019
- Auburn University, Auburn, AL, Clinical Psychology, Ph.D., 2017
- Auburn University, Auburn, AL, Clinical Psychology, M.A., 2013
- University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA, Psychology, B.A. 2008
Expertise and Interests
- Assessment of PTSD
- Longitudinal analysis of responses to trauma exposure
- Suicide risk among Veterans
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society of Traumatic Stress Studies
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America
Awards and Honors
- Alies Muskin Career Development Leadership Award; Anxiety and Depression Association of America
Lee, D. J., Lee, L. O., Bovin, M. J., Moshier, S. J., Dutra, S. J., Kleiman, S. E., ... & Marx, B. P. (2020). The 20-year course of posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms among veterans. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 129, 658-669.
Lee, D. J., Bovin, M. J., Weathers, F. W., Schnurr, P. P., Palmieri, P. A., Sloan, D. M., Keane, T. M., & Marx, B. P. (2019). Latent factor structure of DSM-5 posttraumatic stress disorder: Evaluation of method variance and construct validity of novel symptom clusters. Psychological Assessment, 31, 46-58.
Lee, D. J., Kearns, J. C., Wisco, B. E., Gradus, J. L., Green, J. D., Sloan, D. M., Nock, M. K., Rosen, R. C., Keane, T. K., & Marx, B. P. (2018). A longitudinal study of risk factors for suicide attempts among Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom veterans. Depression and Anxiety, 35, 609-618.
Lee, D. J., Bryan, C. J., & Rudd, M. D. (in press). Longitudinal suicide ideation trajectories in a clinical trial of brief CBT for US military personnel recently discharged from psychiatric hospitalization. Psychiatry Research.
Weathers, F. W., Bovin, M. J., Lee, D. J., Sloan, D. M., Schnurr, P. P., Kaloupek, D. G., Keane, T. M. & Marx, B. P. (2018). The Clinician-Administered PTSD Scale for DSM-5 (CAPS-5): Development and initial psychometric evaluation in military veterans. Psychological Assessment, 30, 383-395
Members of the press interested in scheduling an interview please see the contact for the media page.