PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Beth Jaworski, PhD
Beth Jaworski, PhD
Health Science Specialist
Dissemination and Training Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- University of California-Santa Cruz, Social Psychology, PhD, 2012
- University of California-Santa Cruz, Social Psychology, MS, 2007
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Psychology, BA, 2004
Expertise and Interests
- Mobile Mental Health Interventions for Traumatic Stress and PTSD
- Technologies for Alleviating Mental Health Disparities
- Media Framing of PTSD
- mHealth Dissemination Strategies
Membership in Professional Societies
- American Psychological Association
- Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Awards and Honors
- Finalist, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Mood Challenge
Miller, K. E., Kuhn, E., Yu, J., Owen, J. E., Jaworski, B. K., Taylor, K., Blonigen, D. M., & Possemato, K. (2019). Use and perceptions of mobile apps for patients among VA primary care mental and behavioral health providers. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 50(3), 204-209. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/pro0000229.
Owen, J., Kuhn, E., Jaworski, B., McGee-Vincent, P., Juhasz, K., Hoffman, J., & Rosen, C. (2018). VA mobile apps for PTSD and related problems: public health resources for veterans and those who care for them. MHealth, 4(7). Retrieved from http://mhealth.amegroups.com/article/view/20524.
Owen, J.E., Jaworski, B. K., Kuhn, E. R., Hoffman, J. E., Schievelbein, L., Chang, A., Ramsey, K. R., & Rosen, C. (2017). Development of a mobile app for family members of Veterans with PTSD: Identifying needs and modifiable factors associated with burden, depression, and anxiety. Journal of Family Studies, 1-22, doi: 10.1080/13229400.2017.1377629
Ruzek, J. I., Kuhn, E., Jaworski, B. K., Owen, J. E., & Ramsey, K. M. (2016). Mobile mental health interventions following war and disaster. mHealth, 2:37.
Owen, J. E, Jaworski, B. K., Kuhn, E., Makin-Byrd, K. N., Ramsey, K. M., & Hoffman, J. E. (2015). mHealth in the wild: Using novel data to examine the reach, use, and impact of PTSD Coach. JMIR Mental Health, 2(1):e7, doi: 10.2196/mental.3935.
Members of the press interested in scheduling an interview please see the contact for the media page.