PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Lorig Kachadourian, PhD
Lorig Kachadourian, PhD
Clinical Neurosciences Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Yale University School of Medicine, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- National Center for PTSD, Clinical Neurosciences Division, VA Connecticut Healthcare System, Yale University School of Medicine, Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2015
- National Center for PTSD, Behavioral Sciences Division, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston University School of Medicine, Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2012
- University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Clinical Psychology, PhD, 2010
- University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Psychology, BA, 1999
Expertise and Interests
- Anger, Aggression and associated risk factors including trauma exposure, PTSD, and substance use
- Mindfulness-based interventions to treat anger and aggression
- Self-aggression, including suicidal behaviors and non-suicidal self-injury
Membership in Professional Societies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
Kachadourian LK, Harpaz-Rotem I, Tsai J, Southwick S, Pietrzak RH. Mindfulness as a mediator between trauma exposure and mental health outcomes: Results from the National Health and Resilience in Veterans Study. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy. 2021;13(2):223-230.
Kachadourian LK, Lyons R, Davis B, Haller M, Norman S. Trauma-related guilt and posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms in military veterans: The role of psychological inflexibility. Journal of Psychiatric Research. 2021;137:104-110.
Kachadourian LK, Nichter B, Herzog S, Norman SB, Sullivan T, Pietrzak RH. Nonâ€suicidal selfâ€injury in us military veterans: Results from the national health and resilience in veterans study. Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy. 2021.
Kachadourian LK, Tsai J, Harpaz-Rotem I, Southwick SM, Pietrzak RH. Protective correlates of suicidality among veterans with histories of posttraumatic stress disorder and major depressive disorder: Results from the National Health and Resilience in Veterans Study. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2019;246:731-737.
Kachadourian LK, Gandelman E, Ralevski E, Petrakis IL. Suicidal ideation in military veterans with alcohol dependence and PTSD: The role of hostility. The American Journal on Addictions. 2018;27(2):124-130.