PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Sarah Meshberg-Cohen, PhD
Sarah Meshberg-Cohen, PhD
Clinical Neurosciences Division
See staff directory for contact information.
- Yale School of Medicine, Assistant Professor
- Yale School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2012
- Yale School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Predoctoral Internship, 2010
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Clinical Psychology, PhD, 2010
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Clinical Psychology, MS, 2006
- Skidmore College, Psychology, BA, 2002
Expertise and Interests
- Trauma-focused treatment for comorbid PTSD and Substance Use Disorders
- Improving evidence-based treatments for PTSD
- Treatment engagement and retention among individuals with psychiatric comorbidities
- Treating comorbid trauma and opioid use
Membership in Professional Societies
- 2017-Present American Psychological Association (Member)
- 2009-Present National Acupuncture Detoxification Association (Member)
Awards and Honors
- Women and Gender Junior Investigator Travel Award on behalf of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) for the College on Problems of Drug Dependence (CPDD) Conference
- Best Scientific Poster Award at the Society of Behavioral Medicine Conference
- Outstanding Behavioral Medicine Track Graduate Student Award on behalf Virginia Commonwealth University
Meshberg-Cohen, S., Black, A. C. DeViva, J.C., Petrakis, I.L., & Rosen, M.I. (2019). Trauma treatment for veterans in buprenorphine maintenance treatment for opioid use disorder. Addictive Behaviors, 89, 29-34.
Black, A. C., Meshberg-Cohen, S., Perez-Ortiz, A. C., Thornhill, T. A., & Rosen, M. I. (2018). Veterans' compensation claims beliefs predict timing of PTSD treatment use relative to compensation and pension exam. PLOS one, 13(12), e0209488.
Meshberg-Cohen, S., Kachadourian, L., Black, A., Rosen, M. I. (2017). Relationship between substance use and attitudes towards seeking professional psychological help among veterans filing PTSD claims. Addictive Behaviors, 74: 9-12.
Meshberg-Cohen, S., DeViva, J., Rosen, M. I. (2017). Counseling veterans who are applying for service-connection for mental health conditions. Psychiatric Services, 68(4): 396-399.
Meshberg-Cohen, S., Presseau, C., Thacker, L. R., Hefner, K., & Svikis, D. (2016). Posttraumatic stress disorder, health problems, and depression among African American women in residential substance use treatment. Journal of Women's Health, 25(7): 729-737.
Members of the press interested in scheduling an interview please see the contact for the media page.