Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

PTSD: National Center for PTSD

Quick Links
Veterans Crisis Line Badge
My healthevet badge

How to Get CE Credits


Continuing Education

This section brings together free in-depth Continuing Education resources for the Professional community concerned with trauma.

How to Get CE Credits

Continuing education (CE/CME) credits are offered for completing most courses. There is no fee to take a course or for obtaining continuing education credits.

Credit is offered to:

  • VA employees: TMS - VA's Talent Management System
  • Professionals outside of VA: TRAIN - TrainingFinder Real-time Affiliate Integrated Network

For courses that are collaborative projects between the National Center for PTSD and other organizations, you will be linked to the course website. If there are issues with a course housed outside of TMS or TRAIN, please contact the organization offering the course.

Not all courses are offered with continuing education credits. If there is no credit offered, it is indicated on the page.

VA Employees: How to Obtain Credits via TMS

  • Use the TMS course link located on the relevant course page.
  • Login to TMS and you will be at the course page.
  • Once you complete the course, take the post-test and evaluation in TMS.

Need assistance with TMS? Contact the VA TMS Help Desk at or call 1-866-496-0463 (available 24/7).

Professionals Outside of VA: How to Obtain Credits via TRAIN

Note: Access to TRAIN requires creating an account.

  • Use the TRAIN website link located on the course page. The link will take you to the course details page.
  • To access the course, use the login link in the upper right corner of the page. First time users are required to register, returning users must login.
  • After you login/register, TRAIN will return you to your chosen course details page.
  • You will be prompted to take the post-test after completing the course to get CE/CME credits.

Need assistance with TRAIN? See the Help section on the TRAIN website or email the VHA TRAIN Team at


We are working hard to fully implement Section 508 and make all of our products accessible to people with disabilities. If you find a file that you would like to read that is not yet accessible, please contact and we will help accommodate your needs.


The Department of Veterans Affairs, Employee Education System (VA-EES) is responsible for the accreditation for most Center courses. VA-EES is an approved provider for different clinical professions (e.g., physicians, psychologists, pharmacists, nurses, social workers, counselors), Please review each course brochure (in TMS) or course detail page (in TRAIN) to identify accreditations that have been approved for the training.

PTSD Information Voice Mail: (802) 296-6300
Also see: VA Mental Health