PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Tech into Care: Resources
Tech into Care: Resources
Our mobile apps provide self-help, education and support. They can be used by anyone, including Veterans, health care professionals, and members of the general public. Share the handouts with your patients to learn more about our apps and how to use them.
- Self-Care Apps (PDF)
Describes mobile apps that can be used independently, or with help from a healthcare professional, to support recovery from PTSD and related concerns.
- Treatment Companion Apps (PDF)
Describes mobile apps intended for use with a mental health care provider while in treatment for PTSD and related concerns.
- How To Download Apps (PDF)
Provides instructions for finding mobile apps and installing apps on a personal device.
- How To Export From Apps (PDF)
Provides instructions on how to share personal data outside of the mobile mental health apps.
Guides for novice tech users can be ordered at Geri-Mobile Health Materials. These free resources were created as a part of a VHA Geriatrics and Extended Care funded clinical demonstration project for older Veterans who were unfamiliar with mobile apps.
For those with questions about security and privacy related to using our apps, please read the VAntage Point blog post, How VA Mobile Apps Protect Your Private Information.
Roadmaps of app features
Roadmaps provide a session-by-session cross-walk of features within a treatment companion app and the given therapy.
- ACT Coach Roadmap (PDF)
- ACT Coach for ACT-D Roadmap (PDF)
- CBT-i Coach Roadmap (PDF)
- PE Coach Roadmap (PDF)
- VetChange Roadmap (PDF)
- 30 Days of Self-Care with COVID Coach (PDF)
Fillable Rx pad
Order free Rx pads, posters, and rack cards from the Government Publishing Office. Find the Rx pads in the "For Providers" section, right above the "Mobile Apps and Online Programs" section.
VA Mental Health Apps Training
To learn more about VA mental health apps and how to incorporate them into care, check out the Mobile Mental Health Apps Course Series. Each course takes about 1 hour to complete, and CEU's are available for a number of different health professionals.
- Course 1: Sharing VA Mobile Mental Health Apps with Veterans and their Families:
- Non-VA employees, go to Course 1 in VHA TRAIN.
- VA employees, go to Course 1 in VA TMS.
- Course 2: Functionality of VA Self-Care Mobile Mental Health Apps and Online Courses:
- Non-VA employees go to Course 2 in VHA TRAIN.
- VA employees, go to Course 2 in VA TMS.
- Course 3: Clinical Integration of Mobile Mental Health Apps:
- Non-VA employees, go to Course 3 in VHA TRAIN.
- VA employees, go to Course 3 in VA TMS.